At Simply Counselling, our Yoga for Mental Health service is backed with over two decades of clinical experience in the mental health field. We have worked closely with stress and trauma to learn about its impact on one’s relationship with their mind and body. We understand the neuroscience behind the impact and how yoga can support the process of healing and recovery.
With this knowledge, Yoga is used to promote the development of a relationship with your body through awareness, connection, and understanding. It is a mindful practice that supports the development of self-compassion and tolerance.
Through Yoga for Mental Health, you learn to:
- Become curious about your internal responses such as your thoughts, sensations, and reactions
- Become curious of how your mind and body operate with one another
- Understand your internal world as an observer
- Discern how certain feelings can impact certain thoughts and vice-versa
- Discover the impact of your external world on your internal world
- Build tolerance and capacity to tune-in and ‘be-with’ your experiences in a way that is tolerable to you
- Self-observe and monitor your experiences
- Hold space for discomfort
- Become less reactive