Like us, you have probably set many New Year resolutions only to be disappointed by February. Our mind tends to focus on the end result. When it doesn’t see immediate results, we lose motivation. Setting an intention, instead of a goal, offers the mind direction and offers us a sense of purpose-driven from a place that is deeper within us.
This year, let’s focus on how you want to feel on the journey through 2023, rather than what you want to achieve. We promise you, by doing this, you will still reach your goals, but you will do so with more ease. So let’s set an intention of the energy you want to bring into each breath and action you take this year. Life will challenge you; your work is to find a way to remain connected to your intention.
WELLNESS TIP of the MONTH
Setting your intention for 2023:
1. What brings me the greatest joy and offers me a sense of purpose? Now think of the energy that aligns with your heart that you want to bring into every breath and action through 2023.
2. With a word that sums up this energy you wish to embody, complete the sentence: ‘I am ______________.’ (For example, “I am open" or "I am strong” or "I am faith".)
3. Spend some time, in silence, repeating your phrase and experiencing its energy in your body.
4. Place reminders around you that will keep you connected to your ‘intention of being’ throughout the year. Put monthly reminders on your phone on the same day of every month.
Each month Simply Counselling will deliver a newsletter containing useful information about mental wellness. Each newsletter will tailor to Simply Counselling's 'Focus of the Month' and offer insight and tips.
February's 'Focus of the Month 'will be on the 'inner bully'. We each have an internal voice that doubts us, that puts us down, and criticizes us.
February's 'Focus of the Month 'will be on the 'inner bully'. We each have an internal voice that doubts us, that puts us down, and criticizes us. We will share:
We will share:
- What is the 'inner bully'??
- How to become more aware
- And what to do to decrease its impact on your wellness